AN5812 and AN5814 Pitot Tubes and Pitot-Static Tubes Provide Industry-Standard Interface
Air Data Probes Give Customers Plug-and-Play Functionality With Lower Power and Lower Mass.
PALMDALE, CALIFORNIA USA -- Avionics engineers needing AN5812-mount pitot tube and AN5814-mount pitot-static tube compatibility but requiring the latest in low power, low mass, and small size technology can now specify SpaceAge Control 4380-type air data probes. Unlike legacy-design AN-type products, the new 4380 and 4420 series probes meet FAA TSO C16a deicing requirements.
Small and mid-sized aircraft have much larger electrical power requirements due to increased avionics and other systems. But, smaller engines and space constraints cause avionics engineers to rigorously analyze the "power budget" and "mass budget" for their aircraft. The 4380 and 4420 series air data probes significantly reduce the impact of air data systems on the aircraft's power and mass budgets.
Key features of the 4380 and 4420 series air data probes include:
- provide mechanical interchangeability with AN5812- and AN5814-type probes
- low power consumption: 45 watts continuous (65% lower than AN5812 probes with superior icing protection)
- low mass: 0.24 lbs. (91 grams) (65% lower than AN5812 probes)
- small size: 0.314 inch (8 mm) probe tip diameter
- optional heated strut on L-shaped designs to meet FAA TSO C16a deicing requirements
- optional industry-standard D38999 miniature connector to replace AN3115 connector
- proprietary total port severely restricts contaminants and water and provides for unprecedented low power consumption.
- proprietary high-output, self-regulated heater for full in-flight deicing (not only moisture clearing)
- short lead times: ship dates of 30 days or less for OEM designs
"We are happy that the first 4380- and 4420-type probes are now shipping to customers", said Tom Anderson III, CEO at SpaceAge Control. "The products mount in precisely the same location as the AN-type probe being replaced, making STC and other certification processes simpler and faster."
Established in 1968, SpaceAge Control is an ISO9001:2000/AS9100B-compliant company leading the air data and displacement sensing industries with stock and engineered-to-order products. Located in Palmdale, California USA near Edwards AFB, the Skunk Works, and Mojave-based Scaled Composites, SpaceAge Control's high-precision and durable products are used by over 200 companies spanning the globe including aircraft manufacturers, racing teams, vehicle manufacturers, and motion control-oriented OEMs.
# # #
- Tom Anderson, Operations
- SpaceAge Control, Inc.
- 38850 20th Street East
- Palmdale, CA 93550 USA
- 661-273-3000 Ext. 102, 661-273-4240 (fax)